Our Family Law solicitor Jane Lodeto is a member of Resolution, a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way.
She is standing behind the lobbying of government this week in ‘Good Divorce Week’ to ask for the introduction of Non-fault based divorces to be available without the need for separation for a period of over two years.
When Jane first started studying law in 1997 the Family Law Act 1996 had just been introduced and this provided for divorce without blame. However, this part of the Act was never enacted and blame is still required some twenty years later.
Removing blame from divorce will not make it more likely that people will separate. It will simply make it easier for people to manage their separation with as little conflict and stress as possible and reduce the likelihood that they will end up in court.
Jane Lodeto’s membership sets out the approach she takes to her work. As a Resolution member, she will always seek to reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation, support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first and act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
As a Resolution member, Jane has signed up to a Code of Practice that will demonstrate to clients the approach she will always take. The Code promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
If you decide to work with us at Browns Solicitors, this means:
- Listening to you, being honest with you and treating you with respect.
- Explaining all the options and giving you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Helping you focus on what’s important in the long-term.
- Helping you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Working with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Managing stress in what can be an already stressful situation.